Looking for ways to save on groceries?
- Shop on Wednesday evening. Many deals start then so you’ll get the best supply to choose from and stores typically do “quick sale” markdowns on perishables in the evening. Sometimes you’ll find meat marked 50% off. Buy and freeze until you need it.
- Before you plan your meals for the week, take a few minutes to browse your local store circulars. Use the sale items to create your meal plan.
- Buy produce that is in season. I save so much this way and it’s a great way to add variety to our meals.
- Take the Walmart Basket Challenge! I did and now Walmart is on my list of favorite places to buy groceries. I saved over $15 on $100 worth of groceries. #walmartsavings
- Price match. Instead of going from store to store, find the store with the best prices overall that will also match competitor pricing. This is a great way to purchase meat and other items in bulk.
We’ve been talking about ways to save for the past week across social media, and tip #5 came from Jessica of Begin to Craft. Thanks Jessica for this tip! As a reward we’re giving you a $25 Walmart gift card, :-).
Don’t you all just love surprises? Well, the fun is not quite over yet.
Do you have tips for saving on groceries? Leave them in the comments; you never know what’ll happen.
I’m looking forward to learning more from you!